Related Products: 022-4084
Safewaze SRL Swivel Roof Anchors are designed to be used as part of a Personal Fall Arrest System on Z-purlin, metal decking, and wood roofs. When installed correctly, the SRL Swivel Roof Anchor has a Minimum Breaking Strength of 5,000 lbs. (22.25 kN).
Through recent substrate testing, it has been determined that Safewaze SRL Swivel Roof Anchors can also be installed on flat concrete surfaces and utilized as described in the product manual. The installation and use of the SRL Swivel Roof Anchor on concrete is permissible provided the user follows the Safewaze product manual and the following guidelines:
1. A Competent Person has determined the concrete structural member is capable of withstanding anticipated fall loads and meets, or exceeds, OSHA required anchorage strength regulations.
2. The concrete must be uncracked, 3000 psi or higher, and a minimum of 6’’ thick.
3. The anchor is installed at least 8’’ away from any edge.
4. Use (8) 1/4’’ x 13/4’’ hex head Tapcons fasteners for installation (can have a maximum screw length up to 3’’). These fasteners (Image 1) are available in the open market and are not supplied with the product. Pre-drilled holes with 3/16’’ drill bit are required. See Figure 1 for correct installation placement.
5. The anchor must be installed and used in a horizontal orientation only.
If you have any additional questions regarding the information in this Technical Document, please contact Customer Service at (800) 230-0319.
Additionally, refer to the Safewaze manual provided with the product, or available online, for proper use and other installation information.