A fall protection plan is a detailed safety plan for workers who will perform work at an elevated area. These advance plans must be worksite specific and made available to all employees.
The following factors should be considered when developing a fall protection plan:
- Potential fall hazards on-site within the work area.
- Fall protection applications that employees will encounter with the appropriate equipment they need to work safely.
- Procedures for the assembly, maintenance, inspection and disassembly of all fall protection systems used on-site.
- Procedures for handling, storing and securing all tools and materials.
- Training methods for employees at the worksite.
- Prompt, safe rescue procedures in the event of injured workers.